Friday, August 15, 2008

The recipe you have been waiting for...

So I talked about this on the air and I have had many e-mails asking for the recipe so I bring to you- deliciousness.

With hunting season just around the corner this is a perfect treat for football games or just whenever. Big props to my hubby Drew for making this! If you are squeamish when it comes to deer (I am slowly getting use to it) this is really good- even for you non-wild game eaters.


You will need:
  • Jalapenos

  • Cream Cheese

  • Bacon

  • Back strap (I think you could substitute flank steak if you're not a hunter)

  • Dale's Seasoning

  • Toothpicks (soak in water to prevent burning)

  • A grill (or you could broil them in your oven)

What to do:

  • Cut back strap in thin slices a little bigger than Melba toast and soak in Dale's

  • Cut the jalapenos in half, remove the seeds...stuff with cream cheese

  • Cut bacon into halves

  • Layer stuffed pepper on top of back strap and wrap in bacon...secure with wet toothpick

  • Grill until done (I don't grill so I don't know how long- he he)

3 comments:

RadioTodd said...

Sounds yummy!! Did Derek hack into your blog?

Hillary said...

Derek wouldn't know how to hack his way out of a wet paper sack!

Amy: I don't follow rules said...

I loved the food it was yummy!!!!