Tuesday, September 30, 2008

From the Kitchen of....well uh...gross



I love me some bacon! Cinnamon rolls aren't bad BUT together?!?

What pot-head came up with this recipe? I now bring to you a real recipe someone conjured up for cinnamon rolls wrapped in bacon....Paula Deen would be so proud.

"While grocery shopping the other day I picked up a tube of ready-to-cook
cinnamon rolls and thought hey, I wonder how these would taste with bacon. As I
read the back of the package I was reminded that the rolls are actually
un-rolled when you remove them.
I unrolled the first pastry and the length
of the dough reminded me of something. Could it be? Yes indeed. Serendipity. The
unrolled pastry was nearly identical in size to a strip of bacon. This was going
to be interesting.
After assembling all the bacon cinnamon rolls I popped
them in the pre-heated oven at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes. I then pulled
the rolls out of the oven and drizzled the icing upon them as directed.
Right from the first bite I knew we had a winner. The Smaste(tm)
rating alone was a jaw-dropping 51.93. The entire house was filled with sugary,
cinnamony, bacony aroma. The taste was both sweet and salty, a perfect
combination for a morning pick-me-up meal. Highly recommended for any bacon
lover!"

*Courtesy of bacontoday.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I happen to be the one who came up with the bacon cinnamon roll recipe. Although I'm not a pot-head. Thanks for mentioning our site :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Hill...you know how when the syrup meant for the pancakes creeps over to the bacon? Same thing...only this sounds better.

Hillary said...

Mr. B
HAHA- well congrats to you because it seems I am out-numbered when it comes to your creation, but you know what they say about opinions...they are like belly buttons everyone has one and I guess in this case mine stinks! =)
Thanks for stopping by!