Wednesday, November 5, 2008

TA-DAH!!!


Ok so if you don't know by now- I love to cook! But you know when you just get stuck in a rut with the same old recipies and you just get bored.

Well I have to say that I am a genius. Tonight I was trying to figure out what to cook for dinner.

I had some boneless, skinless chicken and I thought, "Why not do chicken fingers...homemade.

Ok, so I know you are saying, "Whoo! Chicken fingers? Way to go Julia Child." But give me a break I was going for simple AND they were homemade mind you.

But this is not the creme de la creme....wait for it!

So I said, "Self, you love Canes. Wouldn't be great if you could some how recreate their sauce?"

Supposedly it is a highly guarded secret within their restaurant, however I cracked the code and made it...I was so impressed!!!

So I now give to you, because I love you deeply, my concoction of Canes sauce or as I refer to it...liquid crack.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Hellman's Mayo (don't skimp on the cheap stuff, it won't taste the same)

1/2 cup Heinz ketchup (again, go with HEINZ!)

10 dashes of Lee and Perrins Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp salt


Mix all ingredients into bowl. Let sit for at least an hour to let marinate together...any earlier and it tastes mayo-ey....however I am sure it would be even more fantastic if you let it sit overnight.

How many does it serve? Well, I would assume more that 2 people, but it just depends on how much you love it.

And your welcome!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't skimp on the pepper! Go over board...it also good with a little Tony's seasoning. My Kids call it Mommy's special sauce, they say it's better than Cane's. Too bad I hate to cook...LOL.

Anonymous said...

Trophylicious!

RadioTodd said...

I love their crack sauce.... You should go ahead and rebrand it... "Hillary's Crack-a-lackin' Sauce"

Nice ring to it huh?