Wednesday, July 30, 2008

And you thought your degree was worthless?

So I have a bachelor's degree. I don't know how much I use it really, but is it worth anything anymore? With everyone going back to grad school, getting their masters, their doctorates, the bar keeps a raisin'. So am I now under-qualified??? I keep thinking I should go back to school just for poops and giggles just to have that something extra. What would I get?

A postgraduate degree...in comic book studies.

Yes there is a LEGITIMATE university that offers this such degree- The University of Florida. According to their website they are," one of the premier academic institutions for studying comics, animation and other forms of visual rhetoric in North America."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually know someone who would benefit from that degree. My cousin-in-law, Dan Hipp, illustrates the comic The Amazing Joy Buzzards...check it out!

He also wrote and illustrated a graphic novel, GYAKUSHU!