Monday, March 30, 2009

Has it touched you?


It has touched me.
At 16, I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer. My maternal grandmother died at age 59 to lung cancer. My paternal grandmother had a double mastectomy due to breast cancer. My paternal grandfather suffered from melanoma.
CANCER: It has definitely touched my life in more ways than one, and that is why Relay for Life is so important to me.
Would my dad have been there to walk me down the aisle? My father and grandparents, there to see their little daughter and granddaughter finally say, "I do"? Would they see me graduate both high school and college, meet their grandchildren and great-grandchildren? Possibly, but that is in the past... and we cannot change that, but we can help change the future.
Join me in the fight against cancer as I participate in Shreveport's Relay for Life April 17th and 18th at Byrd high school. Just a small donation of $10.00 can save many lives and help us uncover new and exciting technology to rid the world of cancer.
Many of you have pledged $10.00 (and some more) and I thank you in advance. I will need to collect your donations by Friday, April 3rd. If you would like to participate, please feel free to donate a minimum of $10.00 cash or check (made out to the American Cancer Society). Donate today and help me reach my goal by visiting my personal page here:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/Hillaryslifesavingpage
Thank you again for making a difference.

Sincerely,
Hillary
For more information to how your money is saving lives click here: http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/

No comments: